HomeBOMEventsTeaching/SpeakingStudio HoursWebsiteEtsy

December 5, 2016

Day 11 of our Home for the Holiday Blog Hop!

Hey!  We are back in full swing today on Day 11 of our Home for the Holidays Blog Hop!  I'm hoping you took advantage of yesterday, and worked on one of the cute blog hop projects!  I've seen quite a few projects finished already, from previous days!  I'm so thrilled you all are enjoying the hop!  

Do you enjoy fruitcake?  I have to say I've never had it...  I may have to try it this year!  I also know that back in the day it was a big hit!  With my grand parents gone... it is no longer at our gatherings!  


Fruitcake is a heavy, alcohol soaked, fruit and nut filled cake that seems as though it has been around forever!  

1.  It has an incredible long shelf life due to its alcohol content!

2.  Fruit cakes get better with age & need at least a month to "ripen"!

3.  They can also be resurrected with steam to bring back its moisture if it dries out.

4.  The baker needs specific skills to mix & bake them properly.  It can take up to a week to make!

5.  A fruitcake, is not a fruitcake without nuts and candied red & green fruits!

6.  Fruitcake is a good luck charm for harvesters.

7.  It is also on the top 10 re-gifted gifts list!  {Maybe I'll try it next year!!!!}


Today we have a wonderful Australian designer for you on the hop!  She is Lynette, from Lynette Anderson designs!  Here is her project- how cute is it?  Wow!!!  She also has a Gingerbread People holiday recipe for you!  The cookies are so cute- I don't think I could eat them!!!!  What do you think?  So be sure to check out her pics below & then head to her blog for more holiday magic!



See you again back here tomorrow!!!  Stacy


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Merci Beaucoup Stacy, tout ces modèles sont très très beaux !!!

Tammy in Ontario, Canada said...

I love Lynettes designs. Thanks for fruitcake info. My mom makes fruitcake every year, the more booze the better. It might be on the regift list but people ask for it from her. She only gives it to the ones who actually eat it. She is also the only person i know who makes it. It's one of those christmas memories I have with her in the kitchen trying to stir that enormous pan with those thick ingredients. Merry Christmas.

Jackie said...

Stacy ~ Thank you for a great hop! Lynette's design is so cute!

Janet O. said...

Tried fruitcake as a child (a non-booze version), and haven't felt the need to give it a second chance. : )
Lynette's pattern is so cute!!

Claire said...

Wow, what a lot of time and effort Lynette put into that pattern. It is adorable and the motif is fitting as we got our first snow today! Thanks so much for all the fun, Stacy!

Unknown said...

Hi Stacey, and thanks to Lynette for a gorgeous pattern.

I am off to town shortly, so I will buy the stuff & make myself a purse on the weekend, quite busy with flowers for church at the moment (purple to pink AND fresh arrangements for a church that is having a closing down Mass on Sunday)

Regards,

Marian

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...