HomeBOMEventsTeaching/SpeakingStudio HoursWebsiteEtsy

March 9, 2015

Spring Thyme Blog Hop Day 9!!

Happy Monday! 
No need to let this Monday bring you down! 
Our hop is still going on... so we plan on making Monday GREAT for you with a cute little design from Heartspun Quilts!  I loved Debbie's darling basket ornament and her spring fever pictures!!!  Another fun part about this hop -besides the variety of mediums... is that each of you get small, doable and different shaped designs!  I love it!  And for those of you in the Midwest...like I am... we get small signs of "hope" that spring is on it's way like as shown in this picture of Debbi's!!!  I am so ready for spring!!!! 
 

Spring is happening in Oregon!!!
Wooden Spool Designs Project

Also, if you are new to our blog hop, please go all the way back to March 1st (1st day of our hop!) and click on Quilts by Cheri and follow up to today's post!  Be sure to print off both their patterns and projects designed just for our Spring Thyme Blog Hop!  You can always print them out and work on them later!!!
 
Up next we have Pam from Heartspun Quilts!  Here is her Q & A!  I am dying to see her antique sampler collection!  WOW!  She has one that date backs to 1767!!!!  Can you imagine what they had to work with back then and to think that they are some of the most amazing pieces of work to date!  It always blows me away to see old quilts or samplers done with such precision and care! 
 
Q & A
Tell us briefly about yourself… Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts.  I have three passions in my life (besides home and family, of course!)  I've always loved the needle and taught myself to stitch embroidery when I was 10 years old.  So, love, love, love stitching of all kinds.  Secondly, I love nineteenth century antiques and the hunt to find them.  Lastly, of all nineteenth century antiques, Samplers are my favorite.  I have a growing collection of around 16, with the oldest dated 1767. 

Favorite medium to work in? Piecing with cottons.

What inspires you? Many things, but mainly quilt blocks.  I am inspired just looking at them.

Indispensable tool?  Electric Quilt

Your design style in 3 words?  Traditional, classic, reproduction

On the drawing board? A new BOM for Marcus Fabrics

You collect?  Samplers

On your bucket list? A Dear Jane quilt.


Here is a sneak peek of Pam's project for you all!  I love it!  Please click the link and hop over to her blog and get all your goodies!!!



See you tomorrow as the "HOP" continues...
 
March 1 * Quilts By Cheri
March 2 * Plumcute Designs
March 3 * Gail Pan Designs
March 4 * Woolen Willow Designs
March 5 * Ali Strebel Designs
March 6 * The Cottage at Cardiff Farms
March 7 * Sew Unique Creations
March 8 * Wooden Spool Designs
March 9 * Heartspun Quilts
March 10 * Notforgotten Farm
March 11 * Crabapple Hill
March 12 * Threadwork Primitives
March 13 * Buttermilk Basin
March 14 * Calico Moon







 

1 comment:

Raewyn said...

I'm enjoying this blog Hop - thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...